"A Turtle Story"

© 2013 Have Tea Will Travel

Once again, our little yellow teacup has made it to the shores of Melbourne Beach, FL! On my last visit back in July, I ventured out in the early mornings to search for evidence of the nesting loggerhead turtles that had been there the night before.

 {mama loggerhead tracks in july}   © 2013 Have Tea Will Travel
 {loggerhead nest spotted!}    © 2013 Have Tea Will Travel

This time was different... Not only was the weather milder and my beach walks breezier, there were no nests in sight. Instead, I was left to gather shells and sea glass treasures and imagine where those little turtle hatchlings were now.

One morning I was meandering through downtown Eau Gallie, where I chanced upon an art fair and met local photographer/artist, Carol Hansen - Nature Photography. Her work was stunning - and I got my turtle fix after all!


© 2013 Have Tea Will Travel

I left with a few of her smaller prints and will no doubt catch myself gazing at them over a cup of tea, wishing I had been there firsthand to capture the first footsteps of their remarkable journey, as she had.

Happy sipping,
Viktorija

Discover more photos from Melbourne Beach on our Facebook Page.

Feel free to visit Carol's Website and take a look at more marvelous turtle prints over your next cuppa!







No comments:

Post a Comment